Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tofu Mayo

1/2 pound (250 g) Regular tofu
1/4 cup (50ml) lemon juice
2 tsp. (10ml) dijon mustard
1 tsp (5ml) salt
1 tsp (5ml) sugar
1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil

Mash tofu with a fork, and place in a strainer over a bowl. Weight it down with a plate to allow extra liquid to drain for about half an hour.
Place drained tofu into the blender. Add lemon juice, mustard, salt, sugar and blend until smooth.
With motor of blender running, pour in the oil, gradually. Once it is blended evenly it may be used.

Will keep refrigerated for about a week. This makes 2 cups.


A friend of mine had made this awhile back, and it was fabulous.
I tried it and it was horrid. I have no idea what I did wrong but I messed it up, twice.
Not sure I want to try it again. I know one thing without a doubt, it does not work at all for potato salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment