Thursday, December 10, 2009

Red Pepper Soup

Photo by Kimberly Hulst copyright hcvp-09

Okay, So I spent the last few days cooking. Well, part of yesterday anyway as mom had a doctor's appointment in the morning.
Yesterday, I made a homemade red pepper soup. No recipe. It turned out fabulous. I just forgot to write it down as I went. Brilliant me. Here is a photo of it. Well a screen capture actually, as my digital camera was dead I had to use my video camera to get a video then turn it into a still. Which took more work then the actual soup.


1 stalk celery
1 large mushroom
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon butter.
3 cups water
1 red pepper
4 leaves fresh oregano
1 cup uncooked pasta
1/2 cup sliced green beans
1 can stewed tomatoes
extra water as needed.

Chop the celery and mushroom and saute them with the butter and garlic for 3 minutes, then add the water. Let simmer on medium heat for half hour.
Cut the pepper into strips and add it to your mix, stir and continue to simmer now on a lower heat for another half hour, pinch up the oregano leaves and add. Stir. continue simmering for another 15 minutes.
Add the green beans and the stewed tomatoes, stir, add extra water if needed, simmer for another 15 minutes then add uncooked pasta.
Let simmer with lid on for another half hour.

Should serve 6. This can be made for under $10

No comments:

Post a Comment